eduroam ES project
The wireless technologies are becoming essentials in university campuses and research environments, not just from the telephony point of view, but also for mobile computer technologies. Apart from the internet connection, other very important aspects appear in wireless technologies, for example the mobility of users between centers and their service requirements in this mobile work enviroments.
eduroam ES is a project coordinated by RedIRIS, that supports a common roaming enviroment between Spanish research organizations. At the same time eduroam ES is aligned with the European and global eduroam initiatives. This roaming enviroment is based on a service policy and a set of technologies that allow mobile users to get Internet connection across different organizations joined to this project. The main goal is roaming users can have a set of services that allow them to work accesing home and local services.
Goals of eduroam ES:
- To stablish a national roaming infrastructure for centers joinned to RedIRIS, working as a common repository of problems and solutions.
- To develop a common service policy for roaming and alined with this policy at european level.
- To aligne national roaming technologies and solutions with european and international ones.
- To develop a information service infrastruture that helps roaming users to find useful information for connecting or accesing local services.
- To spread information about roaming: manuals, standars, solutions (freeware or not), etc.
- To promote, at national and international level, new solutions and initiatives that are being developed into RedIRIS community.